Manifold Controller (Mc) Alert
If you see this alert on your thermostat it can often be resolved by restarting your MC. It’s a simple procedure of locating & restarting each Manifold Controller by unplugging and re-plugging its power cord. Also below are some other great tips to get you going. Let’s get started!
- An MC is a small gray box mounted near each of your manifolds. Locate all gray boxes labeled “MC”; these are often found in garages, basements or closets behind access panels. Follow these steps to remedy your alert.
- RESTART YOUR MC’s: Unplug the power cord from the wall, wait 30 seconds, then plug back in. Repeat for each MC in your system.
- Once restarted, lights on your MC should strobe to signify a successful restart.
- If MC lights don’t strobe or flash after restarting the MC or the alert screen returns, contact Warmboard.
If no lights can be seen after an MC restart, verify the outlet has power. This can be accomplished simply by plugging another device into the outlet to ensure power is present.
Each MC has an adjustable black antenna.
- Ensure the antenna is securely attached. If no antenna is visible, contact Warmboard.
- Antenna orientation can help! If your home is mostly horizontal and flat, point the antenna vertically. If the home is tall, rotate the antenna to a horizontal position. Once complete, we recommend adjusting all antennas (Warmsource boiler, all MCs and Bridge*) to a similar position to maximize range.
If the Alert on your thermostat has been dismissed and does not return, the issue should be considered resolved. However, if the alert returns or you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. You can reach our Technical Department at 1.800.775.5591.