Whether purchasing a smart phone, a luxury car or even a power tool, we all make buying decisions based on performance and value. And we are usually willing to pay a little more for products that provide both. Your heating system is no different.
Ultra-fast response means constant comfort any time of the year
When it comes to radiant heat, Warmboard obliterates the competition, achieving a necessary heat output in only 20 minutes. Other products take 3 to 7 times longer to reach that same output. Because of this remarkable speed, we can take advantage of much lower water temperatures, not only lowering your heating bill, but improving the performance, and life span, of your heating components as well.
High conductivity benefits include:
- Even surface temperatures which increase comfort while preserving your flooring from possible damage
- Greater heat output, allowing you to choose any any type of flooring, from hardwood to lush, thick carpets
- Wider tubing spacing reduces the cost and labor for tubing, manifolds and controls
- Faster response from vacation setback and greater flexibility with nighttime setback
- Freedom to use ultra high-efficiency heat sources, including condensing boilers and water heaters, solar thermal, geothermal, photovoltaic, heat pumps, fuel cell cogeneration, etc.
- Greater reserves of performance for the harshest environments
- Faster recuperation of initial investment costs
High Mass vs Low Mass
For many years, it was believed that having a “high mass” was the most important aspect of a radiant heating system. Unfortunately, that conventional wisdom is not supported by science. The laws of thermodynamics tell us differently. And this rediscovered understanding is a primary reason why there has been a surging trend towards low mass radiant heat. Warmboard leads this new generation, combining low mass with high conductivity – two properties that ensure fast response and constant comfort.
With high mass, structural adjustments must be made to accommodate its weight (15lbs/sft dry, 25 wet), the construction process is slowed down, it takes hours to heat up or cool down, and the heat provided is uneven and can limit and/or damage your flooring. It may have been the best solution for radiant floor heating 50 years ago, but Warmboard’s technology is proven to provide vastly superior performance, comfort and energy-efficiency.