Whether purchasing a smart phone, a luxury car or even a power tool, we all make buying decisions based on performance and value. And we are usually willing to pay a little more for products that provide both. Your heating system is no different.
When it comes to radiant heat, Warmboard obliterates the competition, achieving a necessary heat output in only 20 minutes. Other products take 3 to 7 times longer to reach that same output. Because of this remarkable speed, we can take advantage of much lower water temperatures, not only lowering your heating bill, but improving the performance, and life span, of your heating components as well.
High conductivity benefits include:
- Even surface temperatures increase comfort and protect your flooring, from thick carpets to hardwood
- Wider tubing spacing reduces the cost and labor for tubing, manifolds and controls
- Faster response from vacation setback and greater flexibility with nighttime setback
- Freedom to use ultra high-efficiency heat sources, including condensing boilers and water heaters, solar thermal, geothermal, photovoltaic, heat pumps, fuel cell cogeneration, etc.
- Greater reserves of performance for the harshest environments
- Faster recuperation of initial investment costs
Let’s face it - this is the coldest place on earth. We chose Warmboard because it provides the kind of heat we need here. Warmboard gives you warmth where you are - at the floor level. It’s easy to install and it’s energy-efficient.Bill K., US Antarctic Program
High Mass vs Low Mass
It has been conventional wisdom for many years that having a "high mass" is the most important aspect of a radiant heating system. But that is a fallacy unsupported by the science of thermodynamics and explains why there has been surging a trend recently towards low-mass systems in the radiant heating industry. Warmboard leads the way with low mass, high conductivity radiant panels. And our market success has vindicated our proper understanding of science.
There’s a reason frying pans are made out of aluminum and not concrete.
With high mass, structural adjustments must be made to accommodate its weight (15lbs/sft dry, 25 wet), the construction process is slowed down, it takes hours to heat up or cool down, and the heat provided is uneven and can limit and/or damage your flooring. It may have been the best solution for radiant floor heating 50 years ago, but Warmboard’s technology is proven to provide vastly superior performance, comfort and energy-efficiency.
Now, let's talk Design.