A good contractor takes pride in the quality they deliver to their clients. When you install Warmboard, you’ll know that you have provided your clients with a heating system equal to the quality of your craftsmanship. The Warmboard company succeeds when you succeed. And when that first cold snap hits, you’ll sleep peacefully knowing that Warmboard delivers more heat under more difficult conditions, faster than any other radiant panel. It is the perfect system for those discriminating clients who would rather not wait to be comfortable.
DESIGNING WITH WARMBOARD
Tubing spacing and conductivity are directly related. Radiant panels that are poor conductors require closely spaced tubing to reduce variations in surface temperature. Of course, closely spaced tubing increases tubing costs, manifold cost, labor cost and makes the whole installation a lot more complicated to design. Warmboard’s ultra high-conductivity means that 12″ on center spacing delivers more quantity of heat and spreads it more evenly than even 6″ on center staple up systems or thin slab systems.
Warmboard installations are inherently fast, simple and reliable. Furthermore, Warmboard requires lower water temperatures even at 12″ on center spacing. Lower water temperatures mean more energy efficient heating and a wider range of floor covering choices for your clients.
High mass systems such as concrete are slow to respond and difficult to control, even with the many relatively elaborate controls. Warmboard, due to its high conductivity and low mass simply responds quickly, providing the heat you desire right when you want it. Uncomplicated control systems are easy to design, easy to install, save money and are highly reliable.
We offer two unique products, both offering superior efficiency and quality.
One of Warmboard’s greatest advantages is its compatibility with virtually all floor coverings. Warmboard works particularly well with hardwoods, delivers ample radiant heat through even the plushest carpeting, and tile or stone can be set over it using conventional methods. Warmboard is the one radiant panel that doesn’t ask you to compromise your floor covering choices.
Our products are APA approved for the US and Canada. See the APA Product Report and ICC-ES Code Compliance reports here.
When considered solely as an individual element, Warmboard is not inexpensive. However, when viewed as part of a complete radiant system, Warmboard proves it’s value. Financially speaking, Warmboard is extremely competitive with systems that simply do not perform nearly as well. Additionally, here are some other points to consider:
- Warmboard’s 12” on-center tubing spacing outperforms all other panels, even those using 6″ on center tubing. This spacing also results in lower material and labor costs, as well as other hidden expenses.
- Warmboard’s patented design allows most installations to operate with water temperatures well below 120° F. Low water temperatures give you the option of using condensing boilers, solar, low cost, dedicated, conventional water heaters or even ultra high-efficiency ground source heat pumps. Lower water temperatures also allows for more flooring options.
- Radiant heating cuts average energy use as much as 20% over forced-air systems, and the low water temperatures typical of Warmboard installations cut energy bills even more (View a technical water temperature chart).
- Warmboard systems are easily zoned, further reducing energy usage by heating only the desired rooms or regions. Fast response means you won’t wait a long time to heat up that guest room when it is unexpectedly needed.
- Radiant heating is ideal for cathedral and open beamed ceilings because energy is not wasted heating high spaces.
- "High Velocity" air conditioning is a perfect match with a Warmboard Radiant System.