1.877.338.5493

NEWS

Healthy Homes

Are you aware of indoor allergens?

Tue, 03/19/2013 - 15:54

Do you suffer from allergies? Well, sometimes hiding in your home isn't as helpful as you might think. Many houses and apartment buildings contain allergens that can cause allergy symptoms or aggravate already sensitive respiratory systems. Allergens become trapped inside a home and often get recycled through air vents and heating ducts - making them impossible to avoid.
In traditional heating utility systems, allergens are sent through a constant cycle and pushed throughout the air. This means that house dust, pet dandruff, pollen, mold, cigarette smoke and even household cleaners are almost impossible to remove and get sent through a loop. It's not uncommon for many homeowners to experience a sudden onset of an allergic reaction when they turn on a heating system in the fall in preparation for the cold weather. The ducts and vents have been storing dust and other allergens during the summer months and suddenly all of those materials get pushed out into the air and make it difficult to breathe. 
For homeowners with extreme allergies, a radiant floor heating system is the answer. This effective heating solution does not push air throughout the space and circulate allergens. Instead, heat slowly rises from the floor using conduction. Air molecules touch and speed up, resulting in the transfer of heat. So instead of pushing air and all of the allergens in a home around, heat is gently transferred. A radiant floor heating system is the ideal solution for homeowners who are susceptible to allergies.
Consider switching to a more energy efficient heating option that doesn't push around allergens and has a high a risk of causing an allergy attack. 

e-mail icon